The Parents Pledge
1. I have dedicated my life to the Lord Jesus Christ, determining that by His grace and with His enabling I, as a Christian parent, shall strive to be a consistent Christian role-model, to my children.
2. I do pledge to maintain Christian principles and practices in my home so that the atmosphere of my home and that of the Christian School of York shall be in harmony.
3. I am actively involved in a church and encourage my children to participate in church and mission activities.
4. I will pray earnestly for the Christian School of York, praying for specific needs as they are made known to me.
5. I will cooperate fully in the educational programs and activities of the Christian School of York. I will do my best to make Christian education effective in the lives of each of my children in order that they may love and serve the Lord Jesus Christ all of their lives.
6. I will pay my financial obligations to the Christian School of York on or before the date due. If I am unable to pay on time, I will notify the school office in advance, giving a reasonable explanation for the delay and stating when the payment can be made.
7. I will support the Christian School of York by gifts in addition to my tuition payment and fees as the Lord enables. I will encourage others to support the school also.
8. Per each set of CSY parents, I will undertake twenty (20) hours of volunteer duties and responsibilities for the Christian School of York as the need and opportunities arise and as the Lord provides the time and strength by May 1 or understand that I will be billed the amount or $200 ($10 per hour) by May 1
9. I will regularly attend meetings and parent functions of the Christian School of York.
10. I will maintain a Christ-like attitude and cooperative spirit regarding policies and procedures established by Christian School of York.
11. I will recommend the Christian School of York to others and seek to encourage other Christian parents to consider the school for their children.
12. If I decide to withdraw my student from CSY during a fiscal school year (July 1 – June 30), I understand that I must give a 30-day written notice to the Admissions Office. Days previously enrolled plus all school days in the 30-days’ notice will be assessed (whether attended or not). A one-month (1/12 annual tuition) withdrawal fee will also be assessed, and records will not be released until all financial obligations to the school are met.
13. If I become dissatisfied with the Christian School of York in any respect, I will seek to resolve the matter with the person involved rather than to begin to spread criticism or hold a bad attitude in my heart. (Matthew 18)
The Biblical model offered in Matthew 18 is the expected pattern for conflict resolution. If a student or parent is offended by the words or actions of a student or a teacher, they should go first to the teacher in a timely manner. If, after consulting together and praying for mutual understanding, there is no reconciliation, then they should agree to go together to the grade level Principal for resolution of the problem. If this process fails, the problem may be taken to the Headmaster and finally the Board.
Please avoid gossip by not talking with other parents about your concerns about your child’s teacher. Follow the Biblical pattern and talk to the teacher about your concerns
Matthew 18:14-18 New International Version (NIV)
14 In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.
15 “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’
17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.