Extended Care Program: Before & After School
Please contact Extended Care Director Vicki Spangler for more information by phone 717-767-6842 x259 or with the form below:
Extended Care Program at the Christian School of York
The Christian School of York in central PA is proud to offer an extended care program for our elementary students. This before and after school care program not only assists working parents, but also provides productive learning time. We guarantee your early learner will have the social interactions they need in a positive, safe and fun environment at an affordable cost.
Benefits of Before and After School Care Programs
Parents know how necessary faith inclusion is for the child’s educational and spiritual growth. For us at the Christian School of York, that inclusion doesn’t start and stop with our school hours. If your child participates in our elementary extended care program, they’ll gain the following advantages:
- A sense of belonging: Our faith-based educational model helps build a strong sense of community. Students attending the Christian School of York’s extended care program have more opportunities to develop lifelong bonds with the school and with each other.
- Social skills: A good before and after care program promotes respect and cooperation among students. Your child will benefit emotionally as the staff nurtures relationships by focusing on positive character traits. These include moral responsibility, social justice and spiritual importance.
- Stability The before and after care programs at Christian School of York, PA, provides your child with safety and supervision. With that comes a sense of stability that other programs lack. By constantly attending the same program, early learners feel safe and comfortable in their school environment. Soon, your child will realize that they’re not just a part of a school. They’re part of a family.
- Academic support: In addition to social interaction and play, our extended care program offers homework help. Elementary learners benefit greatly from focused academic attention. Our program’s staff will make sure your child has the time, space and help they need to excel in their learning.
Integrating Faith Into Our Extended Care Program
Christian School of York seeks to help Christian parents raise students that are Christ-honoring members of the community. In order to fulfill this responsibility, our extended care program is integrated into our academic, faith-based curriculum. So much more than a “babysitting service,” our program promises to provide your child with:
- A strong spiritual foundation
- On-going religious formation
- Development of their God-given gifts
- Comprehensive care of their mind, heart and spirit
- Activities that are both fun and biblically-sound
- The resources and academic support they need to succeed in their Christian education
Register for Our Extended Care Program Today
Our Early Education Center G.R.E.A.T. Room houses both our before and after school care programs. Children have full access to this room along with supervised outdoor time on the CSY playgrounds. The extended program hours are as follows:
- Mornings from 7:00am to 7:40am
- Afternoons from 3:30pm to 6:00pm
Interested in our extended care program, register your child today!