Christian School of York
If you are looking to begin or continue your child’s religious education, look no further than Christian School of York.
Christian School of York is a central PA private school. Our school exists to help parents provide a total educational program that is biblically-sound, Christ-honoring and academically excellent. Our students range from preschoolers to high school students.
We seek to produce students who recognize and practice the lordship of Christ in all of life and learning. Then they are truely equipped to excel in society and as members of the body of Christ.
What is a Christian Education?
The Christian School of York in central PA offers a distinctive educational agenda. This agenda centers on an educational curriculum with a biblical foundation. Such a foundation acknowledges the timeless truths that Christ-honoring people embrace.
Students at the Christian School of York are immersed in this framework. This Christian education is designed to help develop hearts and minds that embrace God.
History of CSY
The Christian School of York opened its doors as a private school in central PA in 1956. Since then, the school has grown into the 21,000-square-foot building you see today. Several milestones occurred between then and now. For example:
The school purchased its present 11-acre property. Seven classrooms were built, giving Christian School of York a permanent home in the community.
Four middle school classrooms were built.
A high school was added. This included three general classrooms, a library, science labs, art room, music room, office complex, gym, business education room and a homecrafts room.
The Christian School of York constructed a 9,000-square-foot middle school. The old middle school classrooms were renovated into the current Computer and Discovery Centers.
The 12,000-square-foot CSY Preschool was built for our PK3, PK4, PK5 and kindergarten students.
Kindergarten classes moved into the elementary building to make room for the ever-growing preschool classes.
Our Core Values
The Christian School of York is committed to raising children to love and serve the Lord. To accomplish this, we believe that staff and families must subscribe to core values as the basis of faith. These core values include:
- The bible is the only infallible authoritative Word of God
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for salvation of the lost and sinful man
- The present ministry of the Holy Spirit’s indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life
We recognize the wide diversity of beliefs among our Association members. Several Christian church distinctions involve practices related to:
- The Lord’s Supper
- The Holy Spirit
These beliefs are given all due respect. However, we work to avoid having these practices undercut the Association’s spirit of unity. Therefore, we ask that they not be openly or privately advocated on school grounds or during Association business.
At the Christian School of York, we hold a dual accreditation by the Association of Christian Schools International and by the Middle States Association. This makes our campus and curriculum highly recognized by universities and colleges. Our day school programs include:
- Early Education: The CSYPreschool is located at Christian School of York’s central PA campus. Our large, bright classrooms and play yard create a safe, welcoming environment. This allows students to play, learn and have fun. We promise to ensure the wellness of your child while providing a strong learning experience that will set your child up for academic success.
- Elementary School: Christian School of York is one of the top private elementary schools in central PA. We understand the importance of a strong educational foundation. Our core subjects include language arts, science, social studies, math and the word of Christ. This curriculum was designed to help your children’s cognitive and spiritual growth as they transition into middle school.
- Middle School: Our middle school features the perfect combination of written and hands-on learning for all modalities. Middle schoolers continue to study the core subjects as they expand their minds with art, health, music, computer science, Spanish and physical education. We’ll provide your child with a passion for learning and spiritual love that will prepare them for high school and beyond.
- High School: High schoolers at Christian School of York are provided with a college preparatory academic program. This program offers your child the option of earning college credit while enriching their spiritual lives. Our comprehensive curriculum and passionate teachers give your child a head-start on college.
All our day programs feature high-quality teaching and a well-rounded curriculum that fulfill the Pennsylvania Learning Standards while accessing biblical Truth.
University-Model School Alternative
Our school offers the University-Model School alternative program for families with who wish to have greater involvement with their child’s education. In this model, students spend a few days each week at Christian School of York’s central PA campus. On other days, concepts are reinforced with teacher-designed materials at home.
The University Model School has a proven record of success. Benefits include:
- Teaching time management while reinforcing a strong work ethic
- Greater family involvement while maintaining access to extracurricular activities
- Giving time back to the family
- Access to certified teachers and standardized achievement tests
This model offers the best of homeschooling and traditional schooling. Families are involved and their children have access to a top-notch Christian education.
Athletics and Other Programs
The Christian School of York offers several opportunities outside of the classroom. Our athletic teams include:
- Track and field
We even offer elementary intramurals to ensure your child has access to athletics as early as grade 3.
Other programs offered at our school are:
- Educational therapy for students with learning disabilities
- Remedial instruction
- A gifted program
- Speech therapy and ESL
- The Cornerstone and Journey of Excellence programs that train leaders through athletics
- Summer camps
- Parent and toddler play rooms
- Before and after school extended care
Enroll Your Child at Christian School of York Today
Parents looking for the best Christian education for their children will find it in central PA! Christian School of York grows your child in Christ while guaranteeing their academic success. As a fully-accredited school, we provide the highest-quality Christian school educational experience for pre-schoolers through grade 12.
Contact us with any questions or to request admission to our school. Enroll your child today and invest in their future as a student and as a disciple of Christ!